EVERYTHING YA NEED TO KNOW….
Items I Use:
-Spray bottle (In this vid, I use a bowl because I lost my bottle. If you are going to do what I did, be sure to wash out the bowl and put new solution in after a couple of uses to avoid cleaning with bacteria.)
– Old rags to cut down the use of paper towels.
-Toothbrush to clean those hard to get places (fyi don’t use this toothbrush to clean your teeth afterwards just sayin… lol)
-Scrubbing Brush to get dried fruit or hard to get off poop.
-Breathing Mask. I did not use one in this vid since I am talking but I highly recommend you use one. Poop from exotic birds is not good at all for humans to be exposed to.
My Cleaning Solution I Always Use
-1:1 Vinegar and Water. Sometimes I use Apple Cider Vinegar since it helps kill around 98% of germs. They both have the same effectiveness but apple cider has a more pleasant smell. ****For dried fruit I sometimes use straight vinegar instead of the water. I feel like it helps break it down more when the vinegar is not diluted.
-For areas that seem impossible to remove, I will sometimes use dish soap or Simple Green. Just be sure to remove all traces of this solution once your done cleaning that spot. Don’t want birbs eating those bubbles. I personally never use bleach unless my vet speaks otherwise.
The Process of Cleaning
1. Remove toys, water dishes, food dishes, etc. from the cage. I wipe those down with my vinegar solution separately.
2. Work from top to bottom throwing away papers I use as the ‘bedding’ of the cage.
3. Spray the solution and let it set for a few seconds. Start wiping/scrubbing off the solution with a rag.
4. Continue this method working down the cage.
5. I use Christmas Tree Skirts that I got on sale the day after Christmas as the little poop/food catcher on the bottom of the cage. I remove that, shake off the remains outside, then wash this with my other rags in the washing machine. You can also use table skirts as well.
6. Wash and clean all of the toys, paperweights (in this case I use very heavy rocks that I know Yoshi won’t try to toss lol) with the solution.
7. Those red and white thingies you see lined around the sides of their cage is silicone baking mats. I ordered a pack of 3 on amazon and cut them to fit around the cage. I personally have been liking this to catch the poop since the mats are easier to clean with the poop rather than it being dried on the cage. Also that random container at the bottom of the cage is there to catch water drippings from their bottle.
8. I let their cage air out a bit for approximately an hour before I return them to their cage.
EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THE CAGE ( let me know if I missed something and I will find it for ya )
http://planetpleasures.com/ *code VICTORIA saves you 15%
Bungee Rope Toys
Popples’ Popsicle Flag
https://amzn.to/2MmscuB (I got it as an add on item for $5 don’t pay this much for it ridiculous lol)
https://amzn.to/2Mjfj4K (different color and unfortunately not available)
Pet Clips For Treats and Hanging Toys
Parrot Treat Holder
Nic and I make our own. We use sassafras and sometimes silver maple when we can’t get sassafras. Be careful with maple as the red maple trees are considered toxic. Silver however is safe once bark is removed and wood is ‘baked’. See list linked below for safe and toxic wood 🙂
TOXIC AND SAFE WOOD FOR YOUR BIRBS
Track: Ellis – Clear My Head [NCS Release] Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds. Watch: https://youtu.be/H81DzDMdCLI Free Download / Stream: http://ncs.io/ClearMyHeadYO
Track: Cadmium – Click & Scroll (feat. Eli Raain & Veronica Bravo) [NCS Release] Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds. Watch: https://youtu.be/0BNwmJIhEiU Free Download / Stream: http://ncs.io/ClickScroll
Love ya birbs
victoria —- http://planetpleasures.com/
victoriaryann —- https://luxuryscentbox.com
victoriaryann —- https://jolie-beauty.co.uk/
▷BE A PART OF THE BIRB SQUAD!!!
Business Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/victoriryann/
Instagram – http://instagram.com/victoriryann
Twitter – https://twitter.com/victoriryann
*May include affiliate links so I can jump off a diving board into a huge pile of cash. help a birb sis out.